Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Easiest Rolls Ever!

Last week for a family dinner I was in charge of bringing the rolls.  Previous to this time I had never made rolls on my own, nor have I ever really had much success in any recipe that involves proofing yeast.

This recipe changed my life.

Overall, these were pretty good rolls for being so simple and easy to make.  I didn't have any trouble except with the baking.  It took close to 30 minutes to actually bake but other than that no problems!

Meagan's (not really) 30 minute rolls

  • 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of warm water
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 2 Tablespoons of yeast
  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3 1/2 cups of flour
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees

In a bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar.  Let rest for 15 minutes. 
The first time my yeast proofed!!

Using a dough hook mix in the salt, egg and flour. (I just used the dough hook on my hand mixer and it worked just fine) 

Knead until incorporated.  Your dough will be soft and smooth. (I ended up adding a little bit more flour because my dough was a bit sticky)

Pull off chunks of dough and roll into about 1" balls in your hands.  

Roll the dough balls in melted butter and place in a greased 9x13 pan.


Allow the dough to rest for another 10 minutes.  

Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes.  
*the original recipe says 10 minutes but with my oven it took a lot longer

No comments:

Post a Comment