Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Coming Home

This weekend was BYU's homecoming, which is kind of a big deal to our current microcosm. I have observed homecoming in various fashions over my four years at BYU and it is generally a lot of fun. The first two years I went to one of the homecoming dances, but dances of course are for single people so I haven't done that this year or last. Two years ago I also hiked to light the Y(Meagan did as well, but we did not know each other at the time) both last year and this we have been unable to participate in this tradition because of conflicts when they do it on Tuesday night (in this case Constitutional law). Last year Meagan introduced me to another tradition I didn't even know about, the eating of blue pancakes and watching the homecoming parade on 9th east. We did that again this year to start off our homecoming experience.

After our azure breakfast (which included aquamarine milk) and the parade, in which a tribe of small children encroached on our turf and monopolized our candy, we went to the alumni tailgate for the school of education (of which my wife is a part). This fortunate event meant that as well as a free breakfast we also got a free lunch, which is something I wholly support. From there we went to the football game, which is all I will say about that.


The best part of the day though was our own coming home to our Father's house when we went to the temple for our ward temple night. It was a very nice time.

That's all for now folks, have a great week.

1 comment: