Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Break

This last week Ben and I were lucky enough to fly to Minnesota to spend Thanksgiving break (plus a few extra days :) with my family.  We left last Friday afternoon to head up to Salt Lake to the Johnson's where we watched the boys and spent the night so Mike could take us to the airport early Saturday morning.

Our flight out there was quick and we didn't have any trouble with anything.  My parents and brothers picked us up at the airport and then we went to the Mall of America to meet Hannah and my grandparents who were also in town visiting.  It was really fun to be at the Mall of America.  I had been once before but not long enough to really enjoy it.  This time we were both able to see and do a lot of fun things.  I think our favorite part was the Lego store and seeing the HUGE Lego sculptures that were amazing.  After the mall, we went to my parents' house and had a yummy dinner and just hung out.

Sunday we went to church and my brother gave a talk since he is leaving for Brazil on a mission (he was originally supposed to leave the day before Thanksgiving but then his visa didn't come through so they pushed him a week out and were sending him to Provo.  THEN his visa did come through and now he is still leaving this week but is heading straight to Brazil).  He did a really good job and we are all super excited about him serving a mission to Brazil.  He will do amazing.  Other than Bridger's talk, I felt really, really sick on Sunday.  We're still not sure why but it was really bad.

Monday we just worked for a little bit and hung out.  My grandparents left that afternoon and my aunt and uncle and their two kids came.  It was really fun to have another big family dinner and to just hang out.  We also went to go get ice cream all together and that was a lot of fun too :)

Tuesday I went and observed Hannah's class for one of my school assignments and Ben worked.  My mom and I did a bit of shopping before coming home.  After I worked for a bit we all went to lunch at Taco John's (Ben was really happy :) After lunch my mom took Ben and I shopping for a few Christmas presents.  We went home and ate dinner and then Ben and I went with my parents, Bridger and my aunt and uncle to the Temple.  The Minneapolis St. Paul Temple is so tiny and cute :) It was a wonderful session.   I love being at the Temple, especially with people that I love.

Wednesday Ben and I went with the rest of the family to a jumping gym.  We had a lot of fun and were really tired by the time we were done! After that, we went to one of our family's favorite restaurants: Rodizio Grill.  It is a Brazilian restaurant where they bring you tons of different kinds of meat and cut it off a huge spit with gigantic knives right in front of you.  They also have grilled pineapple that is heavenly.  After stuffing our faces we went home and rested for a little bit before taking Hannah and my cousin to Wreck It Ralph.  It was a really cute movie that both Ben and I really enjoyed.

Thursday was Thanksgiving! Yay! We had a lazy morning of sleeping in and I helped get some of the food ready for our feast.  After eating to our heart's content delicious turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, delicious stuffing and green beans, everyone rested.  I worked for a while on some Christmas presents too.  That evening we had our pie and grazed on leftovers and other snacky foods.

Friday Ben and I woke up early to go Black Friday shopping.  We left at 4:30am to get to a store that opened at 5:00am to get a few presents.  We only waited in line for about 10 minutes and were in and out of the store in less than 20.  We then headed over to another store to get a few more presents and made it home by 7:00am.  No one had even known we left.  We went to sleep for another few hours because we were so tired.  Once we woke up, I wrapped some presents and started packing.  After we were all ready, the entire clan headed over to the Mall of America again.  Ben and I went with the rest of the boys and my uncle and my cousin on a high ropes course they have at the mall.  It was a lot less fun than we thought it would be (meaning we didn't think it would be as scary as it was!).  Once you finish the ropes course there is a huge slide you can go down.  I enjoyed that much more :) After that, I rode a log flume ride with Hannah, Hunter and my dad and then it was about time for Ben and I to go to the airport.  Again, we had no problems with our flight and actually got into Salt Lake a little bit earlier than expected.  Mike picked us up and we spent the night at the Johnson's again.

Saturday we worked and played with the boys.  We babysat them while Mike and Amy went on a date that night.  It was nice to spend time with all of them; we love it :)

Today we went to church with Mike and Amy and then headed down to Highland to set up my grandparents' Christmas tree for them and to have dinner with them and my aunt and her family.

I didn't take a ton of pictures (I kept forgetting to take my camera with me) but here are a few from our last day in Minnesota. 
Here is me and my cousin Emily on the first level of the ropes course

 Ben, concentrating very hard

Ben and Bridger waiting their turn to cross

Me being overjoyed I just finished one of the obstacles

Working my way across

This isn't the greatest picture, but you can see how high and how crazy some of the obstacles were

Hannah, my dad, me and Hunter on the Log Chute ride

Here is the picture they took as we were headed down one of the drops.  Hannah did not enjoy that part

Here is Ben by one of the many Lego sculptures in the mall

No comments:

Post a Comment