Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Crock Pot Baked Potatoes

On Thursday and Friday I attended an educational leadership conference for work here in Provo.  It was an amazing two days where I learned a lot more about becoming a great teacher from amazing speakers.  It's things like this that are definitely remind me that I am on the right career path :)

Because of this conference I was gone for the better part of the day on Thursday and Friday meaning that I had little time to do my normal things like cleaning the house and cooking dinner.  In steps my wonderful husband :) Thursday when I came home, our living room was completely spotless, totally organized and vacuumed! Friday I came home and Ben had prepared one of our favorite, quick, go-to meals (and one of my greatest Pinterest discoveries): Crock Pot Baked Potatoes.

I originally found the idea here.

Ingredients:

  • however many potatoes you want/will fit in your crock pot
  • whatever sort of toppings you want
Directions:
  1. Scrub and dry your potatoes
  2. Wrap in aluminum foil
  3. Place in Crock Pot
  4. Turn Crock Pot on low and cook for 7-8 hours* or on high for 3-4 hours**
  5. Once they are done, pull them out and put all the yummy toppings on them that you want
*We normally cook between 2 and 4 potatoes (depending on the size) and since we are at school for so long some days we usually end up keeping these in the Crock Pot on low for close to 12 hours and we have never had any problems with them

**When we have cooked them on high, they do cook faster but be warned that the skins will get really, really tough in some places (usually the side they are sitting on when they are being cooked)

Also note that the more potatoes you have in your Crock Pot generally means that you will need to cook your potatoes for longer in order for them all to get soft.

Don't these just look delicious?!
Our favorite toppings are butter, onions, cheese, sour cream and green and/or red peppers.
YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment