Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

<3 Happy Valentine's Day <3

We had such a nice Valentine's Day this year. It was pretty low-key but it was absolutely wonderful. 

Before Ben came home I set up the table to be all cute and valentines-y. 

I made this awesome cake that combines each of our favorite desserts: cheesecake (Ben) and red velvet cake (me). It was super easy to make and I'll be posting the recipe soon! 

After Ben opened his present (I got him tickets for us to go see Peter Pan at the Hale Center Theater in Orem), we went to Bridal Veil Falls to take some winter pictures. 






Then we ran into a surprise. 

We weren't able to take some of our normal picture because the avalanche blocked the second half of the path. 

After taking pictures, Ben surprised me again by taking me to dinner at Zupas. 


It was so delicious. We haven't eaten there since before we got engaged! It is one of my favorite places to eat :)

After dinner we dropped off some groceries for Anna and had her tell us about her date from the night before. 

Then we spent the rest of the night just relaxing, watching the Olympics and eating our cake while drinking Martenilli's. 

Oh, and I also got to open part 1 of my Valentine's day present (the second part is a surprise birthday/Valentine's day present that I won't get until next month). 

And we got a virtual valentine from my little sister Hannah. 


No comments:

Post a Comment