Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Week 17 Update

My second trimester really has been the best! I can't remember the last time I threw up. I am able to eat more of a variety of foods. And I'm not having nearly as many food aversions as I did in my first trimester! 

I have a LOT more energy which has made teaching much more enjoyable. I can now teach a normal day without feeling too tired and I can usually run a few errands after school a couple days a week without feeling exhausted. I also have been better the last few weeks at planning a menu and actually being able to eat what I planned! Ben has continued to be amazing with helping me with dinner and doing the dishes almost every night. He also continues to make me a smoothie for breakfast every day (which he has been doing for over 2 years!)

I have started to poke out over the last week or so. And it is definitely noticeable. I'm sticking with stretchy waisted skirts and pants as well as comfy maxi dresses and belly bands over my pre-pregnancy pants (if I have to wear them). I'm also starting to wear maternity shirts because I love how long they are!

One hard thing about this trimester is that I get cramps quite often from my growing baby. They are pretty constant and I get them almost every day. If I'm home, I try to just lay down as much as I can and that seems to help but when we are out and about or if I am teaching, they seem to be more painful. 

Starting around 14 weeks, I will have about 2 days a week to every other week where I am STARVING and eat for what seems like 2 days straight! Then I go back into eating smaller portions and snacking throughout the day. But for 2 days, I definitely feel like a teenaged boy with the amount of food I can consume!

We are gearing up for our Europe trip this summer to London and on a cruise around the British Isles. Everything is planned so far and I hopefully won't get too tired throughout our 3 week trip. I am also wrapping up my 3rd year of teaching and will be finished in a week and a half. 

We are planning on finding out the gender of our baby, but the clinic that I go to will not let you get an anatomy ultrasound before 20 weeks. And I will be 20 weeks 3 days after we leave on our trip. So, we won't be able to get that exciting news until we get home at the end of June. 

How far along? 17 weeks 
Size of baby? 5 inches (size of an onion) 6 ounces
Maternity clothes? I am still continuously wearing stretchy skirts and dresses as well as some elastic waisted non-maternity jeans from Old Navy that I am LOVING! I also have some belly bands that I wear with some work pants. And just this week I have started wearing maternity shirts because they are nice and long. 
Stretch marks? Nope
Exercise? I try to make sure I'm walking a lot more in my classroom, and starting last week, Ben and I have started going to the Rec Center 2-3 times a week to lift weights. 
Sleep? I have been sleeping GREAT until this last week. The last few nights I have had to wake up 2-3 times a night to readjust my sleeping position and then I have been waking up between 4:00 and 4:30 am wide awake and haven't been able to get back to sleep very well. 
Movement? Nothing yet, but I should in the next few weeks. 
Food cravings? Thick, chewy, chocolate chunk cookies have been on my craving list as well as Creamy Parmesan Pasta Roni. But more and more foods are starting to sound good. 
Food aversions? Still really against salad and pesto. I was totally against having leftovers for a few weeks, but now they are ok. 
Milestones? Well into my 2nd trimester. Finishing up the school year (done on May 26th). Finished planning our Europe trip that we go on in a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment