Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

My First Trimester

Now that our Yellow Van Travels blog is out of it's first year and I'm into a routine with blogging over there, I now feel like I am ready to start blogging over here again on a (somewhat) regular basis.

To start out, I want to record how things are going in my pregnancy! After two rounds of infertility treatment without getting pregnant, we were planning on waiting to continue with treatment until the summer. But Heavenly Father had other plans for us! On February 7th we found out I was pregnant. We were both so excited and I wanted to tell everyone! It was so hard keeping it a secret for as long as we did. We told both of our families at the end of February and a few of our close friends in the weeks after. 

Overall I haven't been very sick throughout my pregnancy, and I am so grateful. In the beginning I was just so tired; I'd come home from work and be ready to go to bed. But over the last few weeks (right before we went on our trip to Washington D.C.) I started to get a lot more energy back which has been so great. 

I haven't been too sick. The first few weeks of my pregnancy I would be throw up a few times a week usually in the evenings. But right around week 10 I started getting sick in the morning if I didn't eat right away. Now I only get sick if I eat a lot of food after 6:30 or 7:00 at night or if I smell something bad (our garbage can and Cesar salad dressing are the two biggest culprits the last few weeks). 

I haven't had too many big cravings. But things that always sound good are mozzarella sticks (and almost anything that is salty and breaded), string cheese or cheese and crackers, applesauce, toast, mac and cheese (especially homemade!) and smoothies. I also am always wanting breads of all kinds and potatoes prepared in any way (baked is my favorite this week, but in the past fries and mashed have also been favorites). 

I seem to have more food aversions than cravings. Pesto, paninis, spicy foods, big chunks of meat, salad/any green veggies and Tomato Basil Wheat Thins (and lots of other things that are tomato based) are all off my eating list for a while. 

How far along? 13 weeks (as of April 13th)
Size of baby? 3 inches (size of a peach) .8 ounces
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but I have ordered some shirts, 2 pairs of jeans and a swimming suit over the last few weeks. But my current pants are all feeling a bit too snug. I have 2 pairs of jeans that I can stand wearing, but for work I basically only wear stretchy skirts and dresses. When I get home from work (if I'm not going out again) I always go straight for exercise clothes or pajamas. 
Stretch marks? Not yet!
Exercise? I haven't really been exercising that much. But I'm hoping with my newfound energy that I can make it to the rec center a few times a week. 
Sleep? Most nights I sleep pretty well; usually once a week I wake up pretty frequently throughout the night. But almost every morning I wake up with some weird pain usually in my back or my arm from the weird sleeping positions I've been sleeping in. 
Movement? Nothing yet
Food cravings? This week the biggest cravings I've had are for homemade rolls and "Those Yummy Potatoes" (known to the rest of the Mormon world as Funeral Potatoes). 
Food aversions? Still really against salad and tomato based foods
Milestones? Almost out of my first trimester! Decided I'm not going back to teach in the fall. 2nd doctor appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment