Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Week 27 Update

Since my last post, I have slowly started to figure out my daily schedule, baby has continued to grow and we have finished up the last of our travels until after baby is born.

We celebrated the Fourth of July at Ben's parents and went to the Balloon Festival with Anna. We also went to Chick-fil-a on Cow Appreciation Day to get some free breakfast. The Davis Family Reunion was next on our activity list this last month in New Mexico. And we finally ended out my second trimester with a quick trip to St. George to see The Newsies at Tuacahn for Ben's 28th birthday. It has been so fun this last month celebrating some summer holidays and activities. It has been even more fun imagining these activities in the future with our little girl!

One not so great thing that happened this last month is that I got really bad food poisoning at our family reunion. We were in a slightly remote area that didn't have any medical facilities close by, so I sort of just rested the last day of our reunion and the day we were to come home, we stopped at the ER in Monticello so that I could get checked out. I was concerned about listeria and after calling the nurse line at my hospital, we decided that it was better to get checked out than for something bad to happen to our baby. So we stopped and were able to go right in (not many people in Monticello need to go to the ER on a Sunday morning apparently) and checked out. We were there for almost 3 hours and I got hooked up to a fetal monitoring machine (baby girl was fine the whole time) and I got hooked up to some IVs to get me rehydrated. After getting some blood tests done, my doctor determined that I did have a bacterial infection which could be listeria but there was no way to know for sure. He gave me a prescription for some antibiotics to take for the next week which are supposed to help. I'm feeling much better and I have heard the baby's heartbeat 3 times this week and each time the doctors say that she is doing well and sounds healthy :)

I'm officially into my last trimester! Which seems so crazy that it is going by this fast. I'm sure this last trimester might drag on (especially through the end of summer heat!) but I can't wait to meet our little one!

How far along? 27 weeks 
Size of baby? Cucumber or Lettuce (14.5 inches, 2 pounds)
Maternity clothes? I have two pairs of maternity shorts, but I don't love either one of them so I only wear them when I have to. I am mostly wearing exercise capris and skirts/dresses, none of which are maternity. I am still wearing mostly maternity shirts and bigger t-shirts. 
Stretch marks? Nope, but I am using a lot more lotion to help prevent them. 
Exercise? I go with my friend Mary to the Rec Center a couple times a week to go to a Barre class. She is also pregnant and is 6 weeks farther along than I am. It is fun to go with her so that we can do modified exercises together :) It is also the first time I've been to Barre and I'm really liking it! I like how it is very strength and flexibility focused which seems to be more up my alley the farther along I get. Cardio is definitely getting harder as this baby gets bigger!
Sleep? Oh, sleep. My nights of sleeping through the night are completely gone. It has been taking me a while to fall asleep every night (at least 30 minutes, but usually closer to at least an hour, sometimes more). And I also wake up for 1-3 hours each night before falling back asleep. Since this waking up is inevitable, I prefer if I wake up closer to 1 am or 2 am. That way I can fall back asleep by 4 am and still get another good 3 hours of sleep before I'm up for the day. If I wake up after 3 am, I usually only get 1-2 hours of additional sleep before I need to be up for the day. I would say around 3 times a week I also take an afternoon nap for anywhere from 30-90 minutes which are really helping. 
Movement? This girl loves to move! She seems to move all the time. She moves so much that I was concerned one weekend when I hardly felt her move at all! I called my doctor and they said it was probably fine, but that I could do a kick count to be sure. But since then she moves a lot, especially right when I'm going to sleep and when I wake up in the middle of the night, she is often kicking and wiggling. Ben hasn't been able to feel her yet but we're hoping he can soon!
Food cravings? Not really. I've been really loving Outshine fruit popsicles. They have a lot of fruit right in them and they have been lifesavers since it has been so hot in our apartment this last month. Since I've been sick though, I've been drinking a lot of Powerade and sticking to very bland food (toast, crackers, potatoes, plain pasta, etc.)
Food aversions? Not really. Foods some nights don't sound good, but I could still eat them. Most of the problem is that I get too full and then don't want to eat. 
Milestones? Baby still moving a TON. Wrapped up the last of our travels until baby comes. First time in the ER. End of second trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment