Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

March Catch-Up

Since the birth of Baby Rose, lots of other exciting things have happened in the month of March.

Engagement Anniversary:

  • On March 15, 2012 Ben proposed to me on the Provo Temple grounds. For the last two years, we have gone back to the Provo Temple that day to do a session and remember the day we got engaged. 



Tucanos Birthday Lunch:
  • After we went to the Temple, we went to Tucanos for my birthday lunch. We love going there for our birthdays :)



My Birthday:
  • My actual birthday was on March 20th. I turned 22 and I had such a wonderful day!
Ben made me a wonderful breakfast of a Mango Chunky Topper (one of my favorite breakfasts!)

A few of my students and my mentor decorated my desk at school. 

After dinner at Firehouse Subs, Ben and I went to Rita's in Spanish Fork for some delicious treats. 

Then we came home and ate the most perfect cake I have ever made. Look at that! It tasted just as good as it looked :)

I opened my present from Ben which is to go see Hunter Hayes in concert in a few weeks. I'm super, super, super excited to go!

When we went to my grandparents' for dinner a few nights later, my grandpa made me this Peep cake  similar to the one he made when Ben and I got engaged a few years ago. 

The Nielsens Come to Town:
  • The week after my birthday, Ben's family came to town. Anna had her sophomore piano recital so they came to watch her performance and do some missionary things with Steve as he prepares to leave towards the end of May. Anna's recital was amazing! She did such a great job and I am so amazed that I get to be related sot such a wonderfully talented girl :) The next day, we had a family BBQ at the Johnson's new house after which all of the girls got to go watch the LDS General Women's Meeting. It was very uplifting and I was so glad I was able to go with my mother-in-law,  3 sisters-in-law and my new niece. 


LDS Share Expo:
  • To wrap up the month of March, Ben's work put on the LDS Share Expo at BYU. In conjunction with the Communications Department, the More Good Foundation put on a conference styled night where people could come learn to share the Gospel online. There were mini classes on all of the major social media platforms as well as information booths, TED Talk style speakers and (of course) some food :)  It was a huge success! It was really amazing to see how many people attended and learned more about how to effectively share the Gospel online. 
This is only a small glimpse of how many people attended. 

Ben teaching his Twitter class.


No comments:

Post a Comment