Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Graduation!

I graduated from BYU! After 5 years, I have earned a degree in Elementary Education with minors in Teaching English Language Learners and Family Life. I am so excited to be graduated but I think I will still miss being in school some days :)





Thursday, April 23rd was Commencement at the Marriott Center. Ben, my parents, my Grandma Penny and my great aunt and uncle, Jin and Ron, were all there.



My dad picked me up just like he did at his college graduation 23 years ago. 

Me and Gooma Penny

Ron and Jin
My cousin Jayden.
She graduated in Special Ed. in December
After Commencement, we met up with some of my other family at Los Hermanos in Lindon for dinner. While we were waiting for dinner, I got a graduation gift from Jin.

Friday, April 24th (at 8:00 in the morning no less) was Convocation. This is where I actually walked across the stage. I really wanted to get a video of me walking, but my dad ended up taking pictures instead of a video...Ben, my parents, Penny, Jin, Bridger and Hannah were all there to cheer for me :)
Me and Cassie, two of the interns at Falcon Ridge




Finally a normal one with these two :) 

After the McKay School of Education reception, we changed our clothes and went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch in Salt Lake. After lunch, my mom, Hannah, Jin, Ron, Penny, Ben and I went to the Family Discovery Center at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake. It was so much fun! We did a lot of family history exploring and playing. It was really fun to talk with my family and learn more about my ancestors and where they came from. I also convinced my Grandma Penny and Jin to do some video recordings answering questions. It was so great! I am so grateful to them for doing that. I know that those videos will be so great for future generations (even if they don't think so ;)
At the Family History Center

Saturday, was everyone's last day in town. First thing in the morning, we went to the Payson Temple open house. It was so great to be able to see the beautiful temple before it was dedicated. I also loved being able to take Penny, Jin and Ron there. It was so nice to be able to show them something that is such a huge part of my life and to answer their questions. After the open house, we took some pictures and I got another graduation gift from my Grandma Penny to go with the present my parents gave me the day before.
Payson Temple 


How beautiful is this?! I got the bracelet, the pink heart charm and the apple charm from my parents and the chalkboard and M from my grandma. I love this bracelet and the meaning of the charms on it. I can't wait to (slowly) add to it with more memories and meanings.

No comments:

Post a Comment