Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Week 31 Update

Nothing much has changed since my last update. The last two weeks I wake up at 3:45 am right on the dot every morning. But I have been able to fall back asleep pretty easily this last week (yay!). My allergies are still in full swing. I wake up with a very stuffy nose, itchy eyes and an extremely dry throat.

This baby is still kicking and is still super strong! Her most active times are right when I'm trying to go to bed (around 10:30 or 11:00), when I wake up in the middle of the night (between 3:30 and 4:00 am) and when I'm first awake in the morning (this has been anywhere from 5:00 am to 8:00 am depending on how well I slept the night before). She also is pretty active in the afternoon sometime between 2:00 and 4:00 and sometimes in the evenings around 8:00.

My doctor appointment went well today. I'm gaining weight just like I should, my blood pressure was excellent and I'm measuring a little bit big for how far along I should be. My doctor said not to worry and that we'll see how I measure at my next appointment and we'll go from there.

How far along? 31 weeks 
Size of baby? We are now to the point where the food hardly makes any sense. This week she is as big as an asparagus, a head of Romaine lettuce, a coconut or 4 navel oranges. None of those seem to be the same size to me... but from taking averages from the apps I use, she is about 16.5 inches long and about 3.5 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Some of my skirts are now getting a little tight around my tummy so I have been opting for mostly exercise pants and baggy t-shirts around the house. If I go out, I'm usually wearing this dress or this dress
Stretch marks? Still none that I can see!
Exercise? I'm still going to the Rec Center, usually I've been walking most days and doing Aqua Zumba once or twice a week.  
Sleep? I'm back to having a few really good nights in a row and then a couple of not so good nights. I usually wake up every morning right around 3:45 am and about half the time I fall easily back asleep and the other half of the time I stay awake until about 5:00 or 6:00 am before falling back asleep. 
Movement? She's still rocking in the movement department. Now, depending on how I sit/how she is situated inside me, you can sometimes see the movements through my stomach. It's kind of weird, but kind of cool at the same time. 
Food cravings? Not really. I'm still drinking a lot of milk. I've been having a daily afternoon snack of melted chocolate chips and peanut butter. And my stomach is definitely getting quite squished so I'm not eating a ton at once. I usually snack throughout the morning, have a normal lunch of leftovers, grilled cheese or Mac and cheese then I'm good until dinner where I only have a small serving of whatever we're eating. I have been finishing off my evenings with a granola bar or an Outshine popsicle. 
Food aversions? Not really. My heartburn hasn't been too bad these last few weeks and I'm hoping it's because I've adjusted my matching schedule a bit so I'm not eating so close to bed time. I'm also a lot more careful about how much I'm eating which really seems to help. 
Milestones? Measured big at the doctor's office. Celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary by going to dinner (we're going on a trip in two weeks!). Bridger's wedding is tomorrow. Baby shower on Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment