Pages

Friday, October 6, 2017

Week 38 Update

Since my last blog update, I've had 2 appointments (my 37 week last Thursday and my 38 week yesterday). Baby is growing and I'm progressing! Hopefully this baby will come out to meet her family and friends soon. 

At my 37 week appointment, I was still dilated to 2 cm but 80% effaced. Baby Girl's head was sitting even lower which is why I've been having increasing pain daily. I was measuring a little bit big, at 38 weeks. I found out that my doctor will be out of town on my actual due date, so I'm really hoping this baby comes early so my doctor can be the one who delivers. The day after my appointment I started having really strong contractions! They lasted for only 40 minutes so I didn't end up needing to go to the hospital. This was actually a good thing because Ben was up in Park City (without a personal car!) for a meeting for work. Luckily I had some friends who were standing by on-call to take me to the hospital if I needed to go :) 

But Tuesday of this week we actually DID go to the hospital! I had been having contractions all. day. long. And they kept getting closer and closer together. They hurt, but weren't as painful as the ones I had had on Friday. I decided to go anyway because my contractions were pretty consistent and were coming every 6-8 minutes for almost 2 hours. So we got to the hospital at about 9:00 pm and they checked me in, waited an hour, did another check, then sent me home since I hadn't progressed. I did have slightly high blood pressure at the hospital (which is crazy weird for me!) and Baby's heart rate was pretty high, but it was able to slow down to the normal range by the time we left. Now that we've done a little "trial" run to the hospital, we will definitely be ready when the baby is on her way!

At my 38 week appointment yesterday, I had dilated even more! I was at a little more than 2 1/2 cm, almost 3cm! Woohoo! Baby is still sitting super low and is ready to come out! I also continued to measure big, measuring at 40 weeks. The doctor seems very hopeful that the baby will come before her due date. She said to come back in next week if I'm still pregnant, but that she would probably see me at the hospital before then! 

On my way to my appointment, I was having extremely strong contractions for about 15-20 minutes as I was getting ready/going to my appointment. And a little bit after my appointment I had another round of extremely strong contractions that made me think I would be going to the hospital! But, they only lasted for 30 minutes. So hopefully over the next day or two, we can get those contractions to go for an hour and then continue until that baby comes!

How far along? 38 weeks 
Size of baby? Everything is so inaccurate now. We just have to wait and see! But she is basically taking up every available space.  
Maternity clothes? I got my maternity jeans from Zulilly and they are SO. COMFY. Easily my favorite pair of pants to wear right now. I'm so glad that I got them. 
Stretch marks? Lots of little ones appear basically every day but I'm not to concerned 
Exercise? I've still been super sore so it's hard to go walk just to walk. But my errands are taking much, much longer to accomplish so I count my walking while I'm grocery shopping or going to the store. I actually like it because it is so much easier to walk when I have a cart to lean on! But now that baby is so close to coming, it might motivate me to get through the soreness/pain and do some serious walking at the Rec Center. 
Sleep? I'm still having mostly good nights with two solid 3 hour sleep sessions where I can easily fall back asleep in-between the sessions. So this means I've been getting up earlier (around 5:30 or 6:00) a couple of days a week. If this happens, I usually take a 1-2 hour nap in the late morning or early afternoon so I can get a good 8-10 hours of sleep total each day. 
Movement? Still moving lots and lots! :) She is taking up so much room and is getting so big that any movement moves my entire body and feels super strong. She still likes to move right when I'm trying to fall asleep and first thing in the morning. Maybe she'll be a wiggly little girl!
Food cravings? Still lots of milk and cereal. I have been a little bit more hungry at dinner so I've been eating a little bit more then. 
Food aversions? Still having heartburn almost every night. So I take some Tums right before I go to bed (sometimes a little bit earlier too if I can feel it coming on). And often I'll take some more when I wake up in the middle of the night. 
Milestones? Still having once a week appointments. First real contractions. Did a "trial" run to the hospital. Having strong contractions. Hopefully Baby will be coming in the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment